Nonprofits Serving At-Risk Youth in Santa Fe County Eligible
to Apply through April 15
Santa Fe, NM—The Buckaroo Ball Foundation Fund, a fund of the New Mexico Community Foundation, is accepting applications for 2011 grants to fund nonprofit organizations that serve at-risk youth in Santa Fe County. The deadline to apply is April 15, 2011
The Buckaroo Ball Foundation Fund distributes grants each year to nonprofit organizations whose programs benefit Santa Fe County at-risk youth up to age 18. Preference is given to organizations that have been in existence for 5 or more years and whose programs meet the following criteria:
- Programs that are year-round or after-school (vs. summer programs or single events)
- Programs that serve the greatest number of children and youth
- Programs that have a significant impact on children and youth
- Programs that are collaborative within the community
- Programs that avoid duplication of services in the community
- Programs that promote maximum efficiency in use of funds
- Programs that demonstrate a sustainable presence in their community, financial accountability and stability , and have a strong and effective board of directors
- Programs that have a clear and concise mission statement
- Programs that actively seek additional funding from sources other than the Buckaroo Ball
Applicants may apply for $8,000 to $12,000 to fund one program scheduled to take place between August 1, 2011, and July 31, 2012. Grants will be disbursed to selected organizations by August 1, 2011. Capital projects are not eligible for funding.
Since its establishment in 1994 by a group of dedicated volunteers, the Buckaroo Ball has granted more than $6.9 million in nonprofit funding. Past grants have helped organizations support at-risk children and youth in Santa Fe County through programs providing health care, housing, self-esteem and leadership development, family counseling, nutrition and food security, personal safety training, arts, music and other educational resources.
The annual Buckaroo Ball, whose proceeds help fund the grant program, is known as one of the largest and liveliest events in the Southwest. This year’s “A Little Bit of Buckaroo Ball” will be held June 17-18 at the Santa Fe Railyard and will feature two days of food, fun, music, art, movies and more for all ages.
To download an application for a 2011 Buckaroo Ball Foundation Fund grant, visit http://www.nmcf.org/?p=1466
For application questions, contact Denise Gonzales, NMCF Director of Community Philanthropy, at email@example.com or 505-820-6860, ext. 12.